Since its first launch in Fall 2020, the AIS Lightning Talk aims to facilitate the exchange of research ideas. The latest Lightning Talk took place on 23 November 2023 in the form of a casual lunch gathering, featuring presentations by both faculty members and RPg students and providing a platform for them to share their academic insights.
A total of 7 presentations were delivered, covering a wide range of topics including AI, public policy, sustainability, and systems design. Each speaker presented their research work and fielded questions from the audience. The discussion was attended by over 30 AIS faculty and students, fostering meaningful engagement and collaboration.
List of presentations:
- “Cost drivers of global smart meter projects” by Mr Dantu LU, PhD Student in Public Policy
- “Hong Kong's circular economy for single-use plastics” by Prof. Benjamin STEUER, Assistant Professor of the Division of Environment and Sustainability (ENVR)
- “Data-Driven Innovation for Sustainability: Opportunities and Challenges in Public Policy and Governance” by Prof. Masaru YARIME, Associate Professor of the Division of Public Policy (PPOL)
- “The Belt and Road Initiative: Perspective from China's State-Owned Enterprises” by Prof. Naubahar SHARIF, Acting Head and Professor of the Division of Public Policy (PPOL)
- “Climate adaptive solar facade design for sustainable cities” by Prof. Changying XIANG, Assistant Professor of the Division of Integrative System and Design (ISD)
- “Marine AI and Systems Design” by Prof. Sai Kit YEUNG, Associate Professor of the Division of Integrative System and Design (ISD)
- “Visual analytics and human-AI collaboration for digital twin” by Prof. Huamin QU, Dean of Academy of Interdisciplinary Studies (AIS) and Chair Professor of Department of Computer Science and Engineering