The two sessions of Lightning Talks for IPO Faculty were held in person on 28 and 30 November 2022 respectively, providing a platform for IPO Faculty Members to exchange research and academic insights.
There were 13 presentations in total, with topics ranging from weather observation, prediction, to evaluating policy challenges. During the Lightning Talks, each speaker gave a presentation of 5-6 minutes to introduce their research work and answered questions from the floor. Over 30 IPO students and faculty joined the discussion in each session.
List of research topics:
- “Does integrating electricity markets always benefit both sides?” by Prof Keith CHAN (ENVR)
- “Sustainable Urban System” by Prof LU Zhongming (ENVR)
- “My Water – A behavioral study on water consumption and bottle reuse” by Dr Meike SAUERWEIN (ENVR)
- “Climate Change will Fuel Storm Surge Disasters by “Mangkhut (2018)”-like Typhoons at the End of the 21st Century” by Dr Zhenning LI (ENVR)
- “Three-dimensional remote sensing of air pollutants” by Dr Changqing LIN (ENVR)
- “Personalized Realtime Air-quality Informatics System for Exposure (PRAISE)” by Prof Alexis LAU (ENVR)
- “Accelerated Intensification of Precipitation Extremes at Urban Scales” by Prof SHI Xiaoming (ENVR)
- “Atmospheric Reactive Nitrogen Species: Sources, Transformation and Environment Impacts” by Prof WANG Zhe (ENVR)
- “Chemical Weather Observation of Carbon Chemistry” by P Prof YU Jianzhen (ENVR)
- “Investigating organic nitrogen (ON) aerosols: Method development, abundances, and sources” by Dr YU Xu (ENVR)
- “Multiscale modelling and non-equilibrium transport phenomena” by Dr SU Wei (EMIA)
- “Verifying Very-low Yield Nuclear Tests: One Technical Solution, Multiple Policy Challenges” by Prof Julien de TROULLIOUD de LANVERSIN (PPOL)
- “Governing Data-Driven Innovation for Sustainability” by Prof Masaru YARIME (PPOL & ENVR)